Saturday, March 7, 2009
Ten things you absolutely need to know about my dogs
This is a gratuitous post so I can show off more pictures of my beautiful dogs.
1) If I were blind I could still tell who is drinking out of the toilet because they all have different rhythms of lapping.
Hannah: lappity, lap, lappity, lap....
Boo: laplapswallow, laplapswallow....
2) Same for barking!
Hanah: Rarf! Rarf! Rarf!
Boo: Doesn't bark.
3) Boo is the best side sleeper in the world. She is like a body pillow. She makes tighter and tighter circles until she can't get any closer, and then plops herself down on my side, slides down to the bed, and there is no space between us.
4) Boo is a "paw-er". She is very needy and paws at you for attention. It's highly annoying.
5) Hannah will rip to shreds any dog she sees outside the home, but allows fosters to stay inside the home without a problem. WTH?
6) I can tell which dog's poo is in the yard. I won't describe how though. You are spared.
7) Boo can escape from a yard that has both a real 6 foot fence AND an invisible fence. A double barriered high security type fortress. She can also escape from any type of crate known to man, including the kind used to hold lions. She will also paw her way out of a closed room, so she cannot be held in a bathroom or bedroom. Therefore, she gets the run of the house.
8) When I first got Boo, and for the year after that, she would put all 80 lbs of herself on top of the dining room table. My table is now ruined. One behaviorist and $500.00 later, she would still do it so I keep the shades drawn to minimize the temptation (she would get on the table to look out the window)
9) Hannah was the only non-Pitt, non-Rottweiler at the Newark animal shelter and was so terrified the day I adopted her that she would not eat a McDonald's hamburger I bought her on the way home. I think she thought it was "her time". Poor baby.
10) Beulah has been in the newspaper and all over the Internet. She is/was a pretty famous dog at one point, and all her post-Katrina care was payed for out of generous donations from her "fan base".
So there you go. 10 essential facts to clutter your brain a bit more on this beautiful Saturday!