Friday, March 6, 2009

Chris Brown to counsel couples!

Now I've really heard it all.

"Chris Browns 'team' is apparently working on overdrive to salvage his sinking career.
According to the Chicago Sun-Times, Brown and his 'victim', Rihanna, are set to co-author a book about abuse and go on a talk show tour to speak directly to their fans and the general public.
Other things on the ”Project Mea Culpa” do do list includes Brown's telling of his increasingly abusive behavior toward Rihanna, and partnering with clinical experts in the field to add credibility to their couples counseling efforts.
A source close to the Beat Her Down camp said, ”Obviously this is a public relations campaign, but it only will work if there's genuine healing, contrition and a path to preventing future problems. … It's another example of trying to turn a bad situation into something good … where people can learn to change habits.”

Umm.... how is this any different from someone getting a DUI and then running addiction counseling groups?

Ridiculous!

Unbelievable!

What will they think of next!

Am I sure I want to raise a daughter in a world like this??? (yes, I still do, but really, come ON)

Sheesh!

Discuss...

4 comments:

Single PAP said...

i hadn't heard that. it would make more sense if he toured alone speaking of his treatment and morose and how he lost a good woman. that would be more effective.

Mic said...

As to the question you posted on my blog....
Here's all I know about him:
He's on the current season of Survivor.
Jeff Probst has written several times now that this fellow is the most arrogant contestant they have ever had.
The Ninjas saw him day before yesterday eating his hamburger on the curb outside of McDonald's. And, this afternoon they saw him at the HAIR SALON. (Now, my Spokesperson told me that sharing that he was seen at the HAIR SALON is the BIGGEST give away of all.) I have no idea though...she won't tell me his name...though she did mention he used to be our university's soccer coach--until the first episode of Survivor aired and he was quickly relieved of the position he had held here these past five years....

Mic said...

Oh...and let me also add that I am so glad YOU are back to regular blogging, because I had my doubts about what we would get if your Dad took over!

Adopting1Soon said...

Ransom,
I think my dad would do a great job blogging, but the topics would probably veere sharply from adoption, dogs and pop culture to politics, the benefits of exercise, and international relations! Which I'm not sure a dog of your sature would be interested in, tis true.
A1S