Saturday, March 14, 2009

Attachment X dreams


I had my first dream about my (soon to be) daughter this morning right before awaking.

Now, I realize that no one wants to hear about another person's dreams. It's the ultimate conversation killer really: "You've got to hear about the STRANGEST dream I had last night!" I mean, no one cares to hear about this except the dreamer...

So I won't go into details and bore everyone, except to say that I got to hold my daughter "for the first time" and woke up almost immediately afterwards with a warm feeling.

I'm wondering.... other parents out there... any dreams before adoption? Before birth? Did they leave you feeling closer to your child?

5 comments:

Angela said...

Well Mika,

I post about my dreams... I'm offended! No not really..... just continue not to read about my continous posts of dreams of my daughter....weep, weep.

Yes, I've dreamed about my son and this adoption. It's normal! It doesn feel good doesn't it?!!

J-momma said...

oh my gosh, it's so funny you posted this. a couple days before getting our last call about Mateo's sister, i kept getting this image of a baby girl in my head. i kept pushing it away cause i thought it was crazy since we were waiting for a not-baby boy. yet...well, you know the rest. so weird.

Angela said...

Hey Mika,

I meant, it does feel good, doesn't it! me and my butter fingers...

Anonymous said...

It looks like I need to go check out Angela's blog-- I actually like hearing/reading about dreams. :)
I think it's awesome you are dreaming of her. It's only natural, I think. Soon you will be more linked to this little person than to any other.

4evamom said...

I posted about my dreams of the daughter I lost. I have had a few dreams about an unknown daughter I have yet to meet.

I think that the fact you are dreaming about your daughter means she is very real to you. I know that you cannot wait to get her in your arms for real.