Thursday, January 15, 2009

Who has travelled to ET during rainy season?


1-15-2009

Have any of my readers actually been there during the rainy season?

Do the roads actually wash away?

Do you need to wear boots up to your knees or higher?

I ask because that is what I was told by someone who has been there several times, yet the average rainfall for those months are the same or less than Indonesia where I lived and flooding was rare. Of course, it could be the earth is a different consistency and pouring a bucket of water on hard baked soil has very different results than pouring it on soil which has been semi-moist all year.

I'm still trying to decide on my travel plans. If it's not that bad in rainy season, I may just do the exploring then... especially since now I may not have a referral to go visit in March.

No comments: