Saturday, April 25, 2009

Tomorrow my neighbor's mom, Laurel, is coming to start work on a mural (or maybe that's too big of a word...) she's coming to start working on painting a piece on the nursery walls.

To get in the proper mood, here are some other murals I think are outstanding!







The Balcons de Barcelona is a mural of 450 m2 on a dividing wall of a building, where by means of the technique of trompe-l'oeil, it imagines a group of outstanding personalities in the life of the city at different times from his history such as Joaquim Blume, Cristóbal Colón, Santiago Rusiñol, Joan Miró, Pablo Picasso, and many others. It was created in 1992.




Hide and seek







Wall painting in Quebec, Canada.



A street artist who works with abstract forms consistent with typical graffiti vocabulary and vertical surfaces that are highly taggable, Daim adds a vivid three-dimensionality to his work that makes it seems to pop off the wall before your very eyes. He has worked in spray paint but has also used virtual reality devices to craft amazing three dimensional works in virtual space.






Thanks to Oddee.com for the images and summaries. I love that site. Take a moment to check it out. Or take an afternoon....

1 comment:

Peta-maree said...

I love it. I have been to the one in Quebec and loved it so much. I wish I had had something like this in my room when I was little.

P