Thursday, November 12, 2009

Can I brag for a moment?


Ok, I'm pulling myself out of my snotty haze to brag about my daughter for just a sec.

Tonight, I wondered what would happened if I asked her to say goodnight to her grandparents and go night-night. Just to try something different, something a few steps more advanced than what we had been doing.

Guess what she did?

Yup.

She got up, kissed both her grandparents, and walked herself to her room, waving goodbye all the way. She walked up to her crib and waited for me. I lifted her up, tucked her in, kissed her and wished her sweet dreams, and walked out. I closed the door.

That's it.

She fell asleep without a protest or a peep.

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

She's only 14 months old!!!!! She's only been home 5 months!!!!

Now, if she had done this from the start, I would be concerned about attachment issues, but this has been a process. First she slept with me in bed, then in the Graco in my room, then in her room after rocking to sleep in my arms, then in her room without rocking, and now this.

I wouldn't have believed it if someone else told me their child did this, so I'm glad I had two witnesses. She is just getting better and better every day. She amazes me. I'm soooo lucky. God really knew what He was doing when He gave me this kid. A good eater, a good sleeper, a healthy, happy child. A beautiful, gorgeous, joyful, smiley, funny girl. Lucky me. Because really, I cannot function without sleep. I could never be a doctor because of that reason alone. Sleep is so important to me I get a bit anxious about missing any of it. Phew. Charlie rocks!

3 comments:

Kiki said...

That is amazing! Don't be surprised though if she reverts back to an earlier phase though. Sometimes they are amazing and other times they aren't so good. I have to admit though, I've never heard of a baby that young doing what you described. Incredible!

Unknown said...

WOOHOO!!!!! Go, Charlie!!!

Shauna said...

Ummm... Yeah. Totally worthy of bragging.