Friday, December 11, 2009

I Didn't Think Anyone Would Believe Me...

... so I video taped Charlie's bedtime routine. I wouldn't believe it myself if I wasn't watching it happen every night. This is what she does. Goodnight kisses to all, then she walks herself to her crib and I put her in. Blankets are tucked and once that door is closed she sleeps through the night. She is amazing!

The first time she did this was when her grand-parents were visiting, and when I came back out into the living room their jaws were still on the floor! I took full credit: "See what an awesome parent I am?" I said, "That's what she always does." (Yea, right! She'd never done it before... and I know I'm lucky as all get out. I've read so many books and heard stories about kids who had awful night time and parents who are exhausted.)

How could she possibly top this?

Next thing you know, she'll be doing a triple sachow back handspring into her crib!


(Ok, the video wouldn't load for some weird reason... now I KNOW nobody will believe me!!)





In the interest of honesty and transparency, this was not the first time I attempted to catch this on tape. The first night, Charlie slipped and fell after kissing Opa. The second night, she didn't want to kiss Opa and stayed in Babcia's lap. The third night... well, it was getting a bit ridiculous trying to catch her doing a flawless good night routine for the camera. Remember those Saturday Night Live skits where the actors would crack themselves up and try to hide it? Yea... um-hmmm... check out my mom when Charlie doesn't immediately go into her normal routine.... Then check out how the camera starts shaking. I almost peed my pants from trying not to crack up.



I'm telling you, my family is totally normal.

2 comments:

Kiki said...

No video, no proof. I'll have to see it with my own eyes when you are here for X-mas before I believe it. :-)

Calmil2 said...

Oh, it is so sweet to watch them together and I was laughing right along with you...so cute!