Thursday, February 12, 2009

Animal survivors of Aussie bush fire



This picture is amazing, and I thought I would share. My heart breaks for those thousands of critters who did not make it:-(

Whenever there is a fire or catastrophic weather, my first thoughts always go to the animals who have no understanding, just instinctive fear. Horrible. :-( I always think back to Katrina where thousands upon thousands of animals were left locked behind doors to slowly starve to death. We knocked down some doors, but there were just too many.... a city full of doors...

Here are some places you can donate, please do, the animals always need donations and people tend to donate to the Red Cross or other human charities and forget about the furry victims:


Wildlife Victoria
RSPCA Victoria

Thank you!

No comments: