Friday, December 26, 2008

Welcome!


Hello and welcome to my blog. The plan is to keep family, friends, and voyeurs up to date on my adoption progress. I started this journey on December 8th, 2008, when I sent off my agency fee (!!!!$$$$!!!!) and contract. I had been told that it was imperative I get all my paperwork in as soon as possible to due the imminent change in laws that might prohibit singles from adopting in Ethiopia come the new year. So I got all my paperwork in by December 14th, a new record my social worker said! I had my home visit on the 11th. The only two pieces of paper not yet submitted are out of my control: my State Department Birth Certificate (4 to 6 weeks!) and my SBI fingerprint analyses (4 weeks). So I wait..... and hope.... that the powers that be in Ethiopia are slow to implement change.

No comments: