Monday, July 20, 2009
A month ago today I met my daughter...
Here are a few things I love about her so far, in no particular order:
- she purses her lips in her sleep and making sucking noises.
- she's learning how to kiss me on the lips, but doesn't understand fully and goes for the open mouthed, stick your tongue straight in my mouth, type of kiss.
- she's relaxing into me at times with a big sigh, which feels great.
- I can fit her entire tummy into the span of one hand. It's a round, warm, soft, globe of yumminess.
- her smile, with gapped top teeth coming in, like David Letterman.
- how she gives my thighs raspberries and doesn't care that they are pale, white, freckled and flabby thighs. All the better to get that really good raspberry sound from!
- she'll try any food (she's adventurous!), and she has a delayed reaction by about 5 to 10 seconds while she's processing the taste. Some are hilarious, like lemon yesterday. All are worth the wait.
- her deep belly laugh when I give her tummy raspberries, or when Boo licks her entire face clean after dinner, or when I chase her down the hall. She's sounds more like a 200 lb man than a baby then.
- how she reaches for me when she gets a boo-boo.
- she's getting better at playing by herself for a few minutes, she's making progress, growing, and learning.
I love you, Charlie! I'm so glad I met you and you and I are together! Happy 1 month family anniversary baby girl!